Nominated for 2021 Golden Plate Awards
- Street Address: 27 Baines Crescent Torquay
- Category: Restaurant Casual Dining
- Cuisine: Contemporary Australian
- Gluten-free and Vegetarian available
- Head Chef: Alex McIntosh
- FOH Manager: Tyler Ellery
- Serving Days and hours:
- Wednesdays from 4.00 pm to 9.00 pm
- Thursdays and Fridays: from 12.00 noon to 9.00 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: from 11.00 am to 9.00 pm
- Mondays and Tuesdays CLOSED
- Cards Accepted: Visa and Mastercard
- Street parking and off-street parking
- Covid-safe Measures in place
What the first Judges said in 2021
In a newly-refurbished warehouse in Torquay, Sou West Brewery is a massive temple to the pursuit of hoppyness. The throngs of families enjoying a weekend bevvie prove that if you build it, they will come. And, what a build! The venue is so big it could qualify for its own postcode, Taking ‘family-friendly’ to extremes, Sou’West cannily provides an indoor child play area larger than most Jan Juc houses and empowers families to get together to share a range of house-brewed beers and a globe-trotting menu of pub favourites, cold seafood dishes, pizzas and salad bowls. Not sure what beer to try? Order a tasting paddle and work your way through the range. The staff at Sou West are young, snappily attired and focus on putting smiles on faces. There’s heaps of parking out front, dozens of suitably spaced tables and plenty of reasons to while away some care-free hours without worrying about cash (thanks to Covid Sou’West operates entirely on EFTPOS).
Sou West is predominantly walk-in and only takes reservations for groups of over six . They can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests on each table.
The sheer scale of the shiny new venue. Huge kids’ playroom. Warm meet & greet at the front door. First-timers given brief introduction to venue. Menu includes pub favourites, cold seafoods, pizzas and salad bowls. Ordering at the bar was brisk, efficient and courteous. Atmosphere suitable for large groups. Ordering at the bar was brisk, efficient and courteous. Tasting paddle of four beers. Nine wines by the glass feature smaller, independent winemakers.