Street Address: 402 Smith Street, Ballarat Central
- Category: Hotel Dining
- Cuisine: Traditional Pub Food (Gluten Free and Vegetarian options available)
- Trading Days and Hours:
- Bar Service Wednesdays to Saturdays 12.00 noon to 10.00 pm (lunch).
- Kitchen Wednesdays to Saturdays 12.00 noon to 2.00 pm (lunch) and 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm (dinner).
- Sundays – Bar Service 12.00 noon to 9.00 pm Lunch and Dinner
- Kitchen 12.00 noon to 2.00 pm Lunch and 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm Dinner
- Cards Accepted: Visa and Mastercard
- Street parking and off street parking available
- Covid-Safe measures in place
What the Judges said in 2021
The Royal Oak Hotel in Ballarat is everything a country pub should be. Buzzing atmosphere great food and friendly staff. This grand old pub has a lovely dining room with a blazing fire, a comfortable benched area and a public bar where you can sample local brews suggested by the barman and share a story with the locals. And when we visited the Royal Oak was packed, The customer service was impressive and the new owners are definitely making their mark. HE was great behind the bar and SHE was SUPER! The Royal Oak offers a great pub menu, everything you expect and something for everyone with mountains of food in front of each guest (including large complimentary bread rolls). The mixed grill was a generous serving and the desserts were excellent, The Royal Oak offers a well put together drinks list, with all varieties covered and solid support from local producers. And the beer list is sure to keep any lover of “Amber Fluid” happy. You can’t put a price on atmosphere but Ballarat’s Royal Oak is great all round for value for money and not to be missed!
Great traditional regional city pub. Very popular. Excellent atmosphere. Open fire. Friendly and helpful service. Good food and drinks menu. Generous portion sizes. Great value for money.
Golden Plate Awards in 2021
State Finalist – Best Hotel Dining Award
State Finalist – Best Value for Money Award