Golden Plate Awards in 2021
STATE FINALIST People’s Choice Award
HIGHLY COMMENDED Best Coffee
- Category: Unlicenced Cafe
- Cuisine: Coffee and Contemporary Australian foods (Vegetarian and Gluten Free Available)
- Trading Days and Hours:
- Mondays to Fridays: 7.00 am to 3.30 pm
- Sundays: 7.00 am to 3.00 pm
- Head Chef and FOH Manager: Eugenio Houstonchild
- Cards Accepted: Visa and Mastercard
- Street Parking and Public Parking nearby
- Covid-safe measures in place
What the Judges said in 2021
Parade Espresso Bar is one of the best coffee spots I have experienced. Owner and Barista Eugine Houstonchild and his team know their stuff and it shows. and everything is more than reasonably priced for freshly made goods. Eugenio is the perfect operator with his knowledge and passion for great coffee and banter with patrons. Located in the front shop of a local shopping strip Parade Espresso Bar has you immediately thinking you have arrived in one of Melbourne’s trendy coffee suburbs with smart wooden tables and chairs spilling out onto the pavement and artworks on the walls. The banter between staff and customers is warm and welcoming and shows how much this café is part of the daily life of locals and visitors. Espresso Bar uses local produce, local suppliers, supports local artists and donates a percentage of coffee sales to a local charities.
Special strengths in 2021
Smart street cafe. Consistent Quality. Multiple Award winner 2019. Excellent Coffee including single origins from Timor Leste. Toasties. Sausage Rolls. Ket Bakery Pastries. Locally made slices. Apple and sour cream slice. Entertaining and quick customer service. Good value for money.