Nominated for 2021 Golden Plate Awards
First Judges’ Report for 2021 coming soon
What the Royal Oak Hotel customers have said
(Edited versions of posts on Royal Oak Facebook)
- My husband and I had a short vacation in Ballarat and read a good review with this restaurant. OMG the serving is great and staff are really good.
- Staying in Ballarat during the long weekend we decided to book for dinner. When we arrived we were greeted by the happy smiling faces of the owners (Gigi and Dean) and invited to choose our table. We ordered steaks & Parma’s and the owners bought around bread rolls with butter to eat while waiting for our meal. The meals were a good serve which included chips, salad, pasta salad and coleslaw. This young couple are really trying to build their business.
- A local recommend this pub for a meal (on a Saturday night). There was a couple of events on in Ballarat this weekend (canoeing and a bike race) so the town was pretty busy. We got the last unreserved table available. Not a huge range on the menu but certainly a good variety, however there were quite a few different Pama’s to choose from. Partner had a Chicken Kiev and I went for the Hawaiian Parma with mango chutney. We were able to choose our salads or a selection from the 6 vegetable dishes in a baine marie. The meals were really enjoyable and served quite quickly especially given the number of customers.
- Street Address: 402 South Street, Ballarat
- Phone: (03) 5331 5373
- Facebook: Royal Oak Hotel Ballarat
- Category: Hotel Dining
- Cuisine: Traditional Pub Food
- Gluten Free and Vegetarian options available
- Head Chef: Glen Weyers
- Proprietors: Gigi Milone and Dean Mangion
- Trading Hours: Wednesdays to Sundays 12.00 noon to 10.00 pm
- Mondays and Tuesdays CLOSED
- Cards Accepted Visa and Mastercard
- Street parking and off street parking available