what the judges said in 2018
The food at Tulip in Pakington Street West Geelong is sophisticated and prepared with care and respect. The focus is on freshness and taste combinations. You don’t come here just to satisfy a hunger. Tulip is very smart. It’s clean and sparkling, with a lightness that is refreshing and contemporary. The open kitchen is sparkling and the chefs looked very professional as they went about their work – great entertainment. Each of the dishes were presented differently with contrasting shapes (piled, spread out, on a bed, smooth, curly ) which was interesting. The food was incredibly fresh with the vegetables in particular a joy to eat. There were great contrasts within dishes such as the creaminess of the Stracciatella with the bitterness of the Radicchio. Every aspect of every dish was sophisticated. There is an interesting drinks list which would provide regular diners plenty of opportunities for new experiences. We opted for the “Six Waves” which is to all intents and purposes a degustation. At $90 per head this represents great value for money. A visit to Tulip is a culinary adventure backed by exemplary service. At Tulip you will be taken good care of by a professional and dedicated team.
Smart but convivial. A culinary adventure. Exceptional customer service. Great selection of wines. Not cheap but great value, great foods and a great dining experience.
2018 State Awards
- Winner Best Customer Service sponsored by Gram Magazine
- Winner Most Outstanding Front of House Person Nicole Rickman and Tina Zavareh sponsored by Gram Magazine
- Highly Commended Best Contemporary Dining sponsored by Comcater Pty. Ltd.
- Highly Commended Peter Watson Memorial Award for Best Chef Graham Jeffries sponsored by Luxury Escapes
- Finalist Best Menu of Local Produce sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing Pty. Ltd.