Nominated for Golden Plate Awards in 2021
Street Address: Drysdale Railway Station
- Category: Restaurant Contemporary Dinning
- Cuisine: Contemporary Australian
- Gluten-free and Vegetarian available
- Head Chef: Q-Train team
- FOH Manager: Daniel Trotter
- Serving days and hours (may vary – please confirm):
- Fridays 11.30 am to 2.30 pm (departs from Drysdale Station returns 4.00 pm)
- Saturdays and Sundays: 12.30 pm to 3.30 pm (departs from Drysdale Station returns 4.00 pm)
- Cards accepted (paid when booking) Visa or Mastercard
- Off-street parking
- Covid-safe measures in operation
First Judges reports for 2021
What do you get when a couple of mature train-spotters team up with a hospitality lover? You get one of Victoria’s most unique food and wine experiences. Ambling along the Bellarine Railway from Drysdale to Queenscliff and return, the Q Train gives you three hours of remarkable Peninsula hospitality, a moving six course feast of seasonal local delicacies (literally!) and a selection of the region’s most quaffable wines and craft beers. All aboard the renovated and refurbished Sunlander, a Queensland rescue train now in its’ forever home in delightful new surroundings.
And considering the huge investment in money and time establishing this unique dining experience the Q Train provides great value for money and it’s a terrific addition to the State’s unique selling proposition and tourism attractions (Q-Train won the Regional Victoria Tourism Exempla Award in 2019).
With the passion and enthusiasm that can only come from people who love what they do – giving customers a great time, the team at Q Train deliver a dining experience like few others. Settle back, sip a silky chardy and wave back at the folks on the walking path as the train chugs imperiously through the heart of food ‘n wine country. Choose between a table in the Q Class Dining Car or The Q Bar and Dining car, or (for that special occasion) enjoy private dining for two in the first class dining car in your own cabine pour deux. Plate sizes and portions are well-considered, and the dishes reflect the kitchen’s experience in delivering a timely dining experience. Nice touches included the use of superb local Lard Arse butter produced in Queenscliff.
Friendly and welcoming the staff are genuine in their passion for their product and desire to offer a uniquely enjoyable experience. The drinks on climbing aboard made a great welcome and we were escorted to our table where the first of six unique courses awaited us. The train itself was imaculately clean and laid out for Covid rules.
Special strengths in 2021
Unique dining experience and ambience. Delightful scenery. High quality foods and drinks. Excellent and attentive customer service. Memorable experience. Remarkable value for money. A treat for lovers of nostalgia.
Awards in 2019
- Winner Regional Victoria Tourism Exempla Award (Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing P/L)
- Finalist Best Contemporary Dining Award (Sponsored by Comcater P/L)
- Finalist Best Customer Service Award (Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing P/L)
- Finalist Best Menu of Local Wines, Beers and Ciders (Sponsored by Furphy)