Nominated for 2021 Golden Plate Awards
Street Address: 85 McAdams Lane, Bellarine
- Category: Restaurant – Contemporary Dining
- Cuisine: Contemporary Australian
- Vegetarian and Gluten-free available
- Head Chef: Dwayne Bourke
- FOH Manager: Martin Fearn
- Trading days and Hours:
- Sundays to Thursdays 12.00 noon to 4.00 pm (Lunch)
- Fridays and Saturdays: 12.00 noon to 4.00 pm (Lunch) and 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm (Dinner)
- Cards Accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and Entertainment
- Off-street Parking
- Covid-Safe measures in operation
What the first judges said in 2021
The Jack Rabbit Vineyard Restaurant offers visitors sensational views from the elegant dining room across Corio Bay, an elegant and comfortable dining room, delicious and beautifully presented meals featuring local produce, a talented Head Chef, and FOH team providing professional but service. Meet and greet was prompt and efficient. Customer service could not be faulted. The meals offered a wide range of choices, superbly prepared and bursting with flavour. The dishes demonstrated strong kitchen skills and pride in their execution. Fresh produce was evident as well as modern styling. Timing between courses was excellent. There was an exceptional drinks list with most produced by Jack Rabbit and associated labels such Flying Brick, plus other quality labels from further afield. Good coffee from Julius Meinl rounded off our meal. Jack Rabbit is great value for money, an easy drive from Melbourne and regional centres, and makes every visit a special occasion.
Special strengths in 2010
Magnificent location and Corio Bay views. Easy access to Melbourne. A showcase of quality local produce. Excellent FOH and culinary skills and presentation. Mushroom Parfait with Jerusalem Artichokes. Baked Polenta. Hapuka with Kipfler Potatoes, Agro Dolce greens and crispy prawns. Pistachio Cake. RasPerry Cider Sorbet. Exceptional drinks list. Outstanding value for money.
Awards in 2019
- WINNER GOLDEN PLATE STATE AWARDS 2019
- Winner Golden Plate State Award for Best Contemporary Dining (Sponsored by Comcater P/L).
- Highly Commended Best menu of Local Produce (Sponsored by Provenir).
- Finalist Most Outstanding Customer Service Award: Alicia Ryan (Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing P/L)
- Finalist Peter Watson Memorial Award for Best Chef: Dwayne Bourke (Sponsored by Luxury Escapes)
- Finalist Best Menu of Local Wines, Beers and Ciders Award (Sponsored by Furphy).
- Finalist Best Value for Money Award (Sponsored by the Gordon Institute)
- Finalist Best Coffee Award (Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing P/L)