Nominated for the 2021 Golden Plate Awards
- Street Address: 413 Sturt Street Ballarat
- Category: Licensed Cafe
- Cuisine: Brunch and Lunch
- Gluten free and vegetarian available
- Head Chef: Ashley Key
- FOH: Manager Alex Murphy
- Cards Accepted: Visa and Mastercard
- Street parking and public parking close by
- Serving Hours:
- Mondays to Fridays: 7.00 am to 3.00 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 8.00 am to 3.00 pm
- Covid-safe Measures in place
Nestled in a small line of shops in Ballarat’s main strip of Sturt Street is the very cool “Higher Society” cafe. The menu is creative and the ingredients are fresh, bursting with flavour and beautifully presented. Customer service is friendly and efficient. In Ballarat this is the place to be seen where you will feel part of a “higher society”. It’s also a seriously contemporary eatery set up with an eye for detail (clean lines, a plant wall, large mirrors, rest rooms that would suit a 5 star hotel, information about the coffees served, etc). The food and coffee menu offers many good choices. There a small but good list of alcoholic drinks but no wines on the day we visited.
Stylish decor. A friendly welcome and great customer service. Obvious attention to detail. Great Eggs Bennedict. Perfectly cooked eggs. Tender and flavoursome pork. Huge Rosti with generous portion of Avocado. Great vegetarian options. Excellent range of expertly made specialty coffees. Sensational value for money. Recommended.