Nominated for 2021 Golden Plate Awards
Street Address: 1251 – 1269 Bellarine Highway, Wallington
- Category: Restaurant – Casual Dining
- Cuisine: Contemporary Australian
- Vegetarian and gluten-free available
- Head Chef: Josh Reader
- FOH Manager: Erica Sutherland
- Trading days and serving hours:
- Sundays to Thursdays: 11.00 am to 5.00 pm (Lunch and Dinner)
- Fridays and Saturdays: 11.00 am to 6.00 pm (Lunch and Dinner)
- Cards Accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Entertainment
- Off-street parking
- Covid-free measures in operation
What the first judges said in 2021
The Iconic Casual Dinning Restaurant Flying Brick in Wallington was warm and inviting and offered attractive views over the vineyard. Its a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy a variety of dishes designed for sharing. There was a good range and local wines and beers (many by the glass and in house) and tasting paddles of Flying Brick Ciders. The tables in the dining room are perfectly spaced and there are comfortable retro couches and soft music playing in the background. Good quality paper napkins and crockery were used. Very civilized and family friendly. The extensive lawns would be lovely for alfresco dining in warmer days and great for active children. Staff were friendly and offered helpful advice and drinking water was served when requested.
Iconic venue with attractive outlook. Frequent special events. Excellent use of seasonal products. Flavoursome Ox cheek with buttery, light and fluffy pomme puree. Crispy skinned chicken breast, chorizo, capsicum and Jerusalem artichoke braise. Salmon croquettes with smoked paprika mayonnaise. Torched Yuzu Tart topped with meringue. Julius Meinl coffee. Lovely in house Pinot Grigio and the Pear Cider. Good Value for Money. Family friendly. Venue adjacent Adventure Park.