Nominated for Golden Plate Awards in 2021
Street Address: 6 Howe St, Daylesford
- Category: Restaurant Contemporary Dining (courtyard dining in fine weather)
- Cuisine: featuring local produce and beverages
- Gluten free and vegetarian available.
- Head Chef: Josh Smith
- FOH Manager: Martin Fairhurst
- Proprietor: Matt Carnell
- Serving Days and Hours:
- Wednesdays to Thursdays 6.00 pm to Late (Dinner)
- Saturdays and Sundays: 12.00 noon to late (Luncheon and Dinner)
- Mondays and Tuesdays CLOSED
- Cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners Club and Entertainment
- Street Parking
- Covid-safe measures in operation
- Bookings recommended
Make a booking ⇒ and follow the prompts
What the Judges’ said in 2021
Walking into Terroir in Daylesford is a pleasure. The bistro is clean, sharp and contemporary, reflecting a modern take on traditional French eateries. Well designed with an open kitchen and bar/coffee area, there is an inviting yet professional tone.
The food selections on offer are what you would expect in a classic French bistro. Familiar and faithful to the cuisine. The meals are presented in a contemporary style and are fresh and lively, reinforcing the adage: You eat first with your eyes. The Steak Frites were perfectly executed – text-book specifications served with delicious frites – hot and crisp. The foods here are created and served with great care and skill here along with with generous cuts of delicious bread.
The Bistro offers a strong and balanced selection of drinks (including many from France). One third of the list are available by the glass. FOH Manger Martin’s recommendations were beautifully paired with the foods.
The prices for both food and drinks are exactly what I would expect to pay for a quality restaurant and represent good value for money.
Bistro Terroir offers a culinary glimpse of pleasures that will be denied of us for a while. The food is very French – but prepared and served with a contemporary flair and the service is paramount. Paris might be off the agenda for a while but who cares when you have Terrior? – Viva la Daylesford!
Clean, sharp and contemporary Bistro reflecting a modern take on traditional French eateries. Superb provincial French influenced foods featuring fresh local ingredients. Excellent range of local and French wines. Outstanding customer service. Great value for money.
Awards in 2019
- Joint Winner Best Casual Dinning Award (Sponsored by Comcater Pty. Ltd)
- Highly Commended Most Outstanding Front of House Person: Martin Houstonchild (Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing Pty. Ltd)
- Finalist Peter Watson Memorial Award for Best Chef: Matt Carnell (Sponsored by Luxury Escapes)
- Finalist Best Customer Service Award (Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing Pty. Ltd)
- Finalist Best Menu of Local Produce Award (Sponsored by Provenir)