First judges comments in 2018
Paddock to plate and value for money
I can recommend a visit to Tuki to any foodie, family or international visitor. This is a real working farm where the farmers are your hosts. To be able to see the journey from paddock to plate and to be able to fish for your lunch is one a very rare dining experience on offer on the outskirts of Ballarat. Tuki Restaurant serves some of the best quality meat and fish I have eaten. We enjoyed superb fish and the most delicious lamb fillets. The vegetables were from the garden, and the sauces, bread and potatoes were great. The wine list is very good, offering many local wines, and you will fall in love the view from the restaurant. I would also recommend an extended visit at Tuki’s comfortable well priced on-site accommodation. The value for money at Tuki Restaurant is exceptional – especially for Children.
Spectacular setting and views. Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful service. True paddock to plate dining experience with uber fresh quality meats and fish. Great drinks list. Exceptional value for money. A memorable experience.
second judges comments coming soon
2018 State Awards
Winner Best Menu of Local Produce sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing P/L.
Finalist Best Casual Dining sponsored by Comcater Pty. Ltd.
Finalist Most Outstanding Front of House Person Robert Jones sponsored by Gram Magazine
- STATE and REGIONAL WINNER Best Menu of Local Foods Sponsored by Western Plains Pork
- HIGHLY COMMENDED Best Regional Casual Dining Sponsored by Comcater P/L
- HIGHLY COMMENDED Best Regional Value for Money Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing
- HIGHLY COMMENDED Best Regional Customer Service Sponsored by European Affair
- FINALIST Best Cellar of Local Wines Beers and Ciders – Sponsored by Furphy
- FINALIST Most Outstanding Front of House Person Jan Jones Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing