2016 State Awards
- WINNER Best Contemporary Dining – sponsored by Harwood Andrews
- FINALIST Peter Watson Memorial Award for Best Chef (Paul Pitcher) sponsored by Garuda Indonesia Airlines & Comcater P/L.
2016 Regional Awards
- WINNER Harwood Andrews Golden Plate Awards sponsored by Harwood Andrews
- WINNER – Peter Watson Memorial Award for Best Chef (Paul Pitcher) sponsored by Garuda Indonesia Airlines & Comcater P/L.
- HIGHLY COMMENDED Best Customer Service sponsored by Bendigo Tourism
- HIGHLY COMMENDED Best Menu of Local Food sponsored by Bendigo Tourism
- HIGHLY COMMENDED Best Menu Local wines, Beers & Ciders sponsored by Bendigo Tourism
2016 Judges’ Comments
The Woodhouse Restaurant in Williams Street Bendigo is very impressive with attention to detail and customer satisfaction paramount, and a drinks list that complements the sensational food menu. The dining room is distinctive, attractive, friendly and graced with an open fire and wrought iron wall-mounted features to create a lovely ambience well suited to large or small groups. Woodhouse is as an exceptional steakhouse but it’s also renowned for its excellent wood-fired pizzas and many other expertly prepared dishes including beautifully presented entrees and desserts. The highest quality produce is used with the best beef, pork and lamb sourced from the best producers – Sher Wagyu, McIvor Farms and Tuki to name a few. There is an excellent wine list with a focus on the cream of regional wines complemented by selected wines from further afield. Craft beers and a range of spirits add to the list. The standard of customer service at the Woodhouse was exceptiona and the Woodhouse delivers very good value for money. Dining at the Woodhouse Bendigo is a pleasure for discerning customers who appreciate good value for money. Highly recommended.