Judges’ Comments 2017
Small town eatery with big vision
The small town of Talbot has been given a great gift in the form of The Talbot Provedore and Eatery and owner Christopher Howe (former Chef at the Golden Plate Award winning Avoca Hotel). This is a smart looking café. The feeling is of warmth from the moment you walk in. There’s evidence of good planning in the style of the room and it’s modern design sits well within the aged patina of the building. The Provedore has already caught the attention of the locals and food lovers far and wide. The menu was simple but included delicious well presented dishes and celebrates local wines and produce from neighbouring regions. There’s even a good selection of Whiskeys and the coffees were good. The meals were excellent value for money and the wines were particularly well priced. Talbot Provedore and Eatery is a venue with integrity and well worth experiencing.
New eatery and provedore, highly regarded Chef, friendly customer service, good drinks list and coffee, good value for money.
- STATE and REGIONAL WINNER – Best Licensed Cafe – Sponsored by The Gordon
- HIGHLY COMMENDED – Best Regional Value for Money – Sponsored By Maxim PR & Marketing
- FINALIST – Best Cellar of local Wines Beers and Ciders – Sponsored by Furphy
- FINALIST – Best Menu of Local Foods – Sponsored by Western Plains Pork
- FINALIST – Best Coffee – Sponsored By Maxim PR & Marketing