2018 Judges comments coming soon
Judges’ Comments 2017
Country eatery as good as it gets
The small town of Talbot is blessed to be home to The Talbot Provedore and Eatery (owner Christopher Howe – former Chef at the Golden Plate Award winning Avoca Hotel). This is a smart looking eatery. The feeling is of warmth from the moment you walk in. There’s evidence of good planning in the style of the room and it’s modern design sits well within the aged patina of the building. The Provedore quickly caught the attention of locals and food lovers far and wide. The menu was simple but included delicious well presented dishes and celebrates local wines and produce from neighbouring regions. There’s a good selection of Whiskeys and the coffees were good. The meals were excellent value for money and the wines were particularly well priced. Talbot Provedore and Eatery is a venue with integrity very well worth experiencing.
Highly regarded Chef, friendly customer service, great foods, drinks list and coffee, remarkable value for money, great things to take home.
- STATE and REGIONAL WINNER – Best Licensed Cafe – Sponsored by The Gordon
- HIGHLY COMMENDED – Best Regional Value for Money – Sponsored By Maxim PR & Marketing
- FINALIST – Best Cellar of local Wines Beers and Ciders – Sponsored by Furphy
- FINALIST – Best Menu of Local Foods – Sponsored by Western Plains Pork
- FINALIST – Best Coffee – Sponsored By Maxim PR & Marketing