2016 State Awards
- WINNER Best Customer Service sponsored by European Affair
- Finalist Best Casual Dining sponsored by Comcater P/L.
- Finalist Best Menu of Local Foods sponsored by Harwood Andrews
- Finalist Best Menu of Local Wines Beers and Ciders sponsored by Harwood Andrews
2016 Regional Awards
- Winner Best Casual Dining sponsored by Comcater P/L.
- Winner Best Customer Service sponsored by Bendigo Tourism
- Winner Best Menu of Local Foods sponsored by Bendigo Tourism
- Finalist Best Value for Money sponsored by Bendigo Tourism
You may not be sure what to expect until you step inside Spring Gully General Store on the outskirts of Bendigo, so be prepared to be amazed at what’s inside and in the rear garden. Every base is covered, there’s a talented, passionate chef orchestrating dishes from produce grown in the back yard, baristas expert with the coffee machine, and a team of young floor staff that don’t miss a beat. The techniques, skill and passion crammed into the kitchen was inspiring. The Atlantic breakfast showed just how the fillet should be cooked. The eggs were spot on, the asparagus had lovely freshness and crunch, but the highlight was the excellent hollandaise, infused with capers to excite the palate. One stand-out memory from our visit was the pomegrante compresses pears – amazing appearance, colour, texture, and refreshing flavours. Adding to the adventurous and delicious foods is a great beer, cider and wine list featuring very good local drops. Plus great coffee, nice latte art, with well rounded flavors. A further highlight was the range of fine teas. Spring Gully General Store provides great value for money. You and your friends will love it.