Welcome entry in 2018
1st judges comments coming soon
What the judges said in 2017
Opulence, class and value in Torquay.
The spectacular RACV resort at Torquay creates a big impression on arrival and the views from Number One Restaurant are wonderful. There is more than a touch of opulence and class here. During the daytime there are glorious views of the golf course and Bass Strait. Of course you can stay in the fabulous accommodation at the RACV resort and enjoy the lush surroundings that like the restaurant are family friendly. We were greeted promptly on arrival and asked if there were any special dietary requirements before being shown to our table. The scene was set for a fabulous evening filled with great food, good wine and excellent service. The Restaurant’s dining room had well-spaced tables where you can relax and enjoy the views and company. Modern décor and a double sided fireplace provide a satisfying feeling of warmth, and good mood lighting creates an intimate atmosphere. The menu is seasonal and offers fresh, flavoursome, local produce, beautifully presented. Local suppliers of foods and wines were well represented. The winter menu had only started on the Saturday night we dined there, with the introduction of a table d’Hote menu which changes regularly every week. Here you can impress clients for a business lunch or enjoy an intimate dinner for two. Everywhere you experience attention to detail. Given the quality and style of service provided at Number One the prices are suprisingly acceptable.
Spectacular dining room, setting and views. Fastidious Customer Service. Quality food and drinks. Family friendly. Good value for money.
- HIGHLY COMMENDED – Best Regional Menu of Local Foods – Sponsored by Western Plains Pork
- HIGHLY COMMENDED – Best Regional Cellar of Local Wines Beers and Ciders – Sponsored by Furphy
- FINALIST – Best Contemporary Dining – Sponsored by Comcater P/L
- FINALIST – Most Outstanding Front of House Person – Duson Bajic – Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing
2016 State Awards
- FINALIST Best Contemporary Dining sponsored by Harwood Andrews
- FINALIST Best Menu of Local Foods sponsored by Harwood Andrews
2016 Regional Awards
- WINNER Best Contemporary Dining sponsored by Harwood Andrews
- WINNER Best Menu of Local Foods sponsored by Maxim PR and Marketing
- FINALIST Best Customer Service sponsored by European Affair
- FINALIST Peter Watson Memorial Award for Best Chef (Michael Bannerman) sponsored by Garuda Indonesia Airlines and Comcater P/L.