2018 State Winner back again in 2019
Winner of the overall Golden Plate State Award and numerous Special Recognition Awards in 2018, Merne at Lighthouse is the benchmark for superior Hospitality in Regional Victoria and determined to retain its reputation for quality and remarkable value for money in 2019.
Judge’s comments in 2018
Everything at Merne is consistently wonderful. You don’t visit Merne for a quick meal but to be indulged and enjoy a memorable dining experience – comfortable and reassuring yet challenging and surprising at the same time. This is the holiday house in the country and personal chef you dream of because at Merne you feel like a fondly regarded member of a special family. Chef Josh Smith shows off his skills and passion for subtle innovation and respect for quality ingredients. Front of house Caleb Fleet is a marvel at reading his guests and delivers beyond expectation in a kind and unobtrusive fashion. The setting is beautiful, the décor a delight, the drinks list a wonderful challenge, the service superb, and the value for money excellent. Whats not to love?
Beautiful setting and decor. Customer service that make you feel special. A sensational dining experience where time flies. Remarkable value for money.
First judge’s report for 2019 coming soon
2018 State Awards
WINNER – 2017 GOLDEN PLATE STATE AWARDS
Winner Best Contemporary Dining sponsored by Comcater Pty. Ltd.
Winner Most Outstanding Front of House Person – Caleb Fleet sponsored by G-Magazine
Highly Commended Best Customer Service sponsored by G-Magazine
Finalist Best Menu of Local Produce sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing Pty. Ltd.
- STATE WINNER – 2017 GOLDEN PLATE AWARDS
- STATE & REGIONAL WINNER – Best Contemporary Dining – Sponsored by Comcater P/L
- REGIONAL WINNER – Best Customer Service – Sponsored by European Affair
- REGIONAL WINNER – Most Outstanding Front of House Person – Caleb Fleet – Sponsored by European Affair
- FINALIST – Best Chef – Josh Smith – Sponsored by Luxury Escapes
- FINALIST – Best Menu of Local Foods – Sponsored by Western Plains Pork
- FINALIST – Best Cellar of Local Wines Beers and Ciders – Sponsored by Furphy