Little Red Fox eatery is a welcome entrant in the 2017 Golden Plate Awards.
2017 Judges’ comments
Winery Cafe that delivers on flavours
Set on Marcus Hill, Banks Road offers lovely views over the Bellarine Peninsula, lush green grass and abstract sculptures in the surrounding gardens. This great little eatery gives the chance to have breakfast, lunch or dinner on Thursdays to Sundays. The lunch and dinner menu includes local seasonal produce with interesting combination of flavours. There were lots of entrée sized dishes to share, delicious mains and desserts, and something for everyone. Presentation is excellent and the food is packed with flavour. Stand-outs included duck with crispy skin and the fat rendered perfectly, vibrant, crisp vegetables of asparagus spears, spring onions, cucumber with a hoisin style sauce (like Peking duck without the pancake). There were prawns with tails removed and smokey paprika, capsicum, chilli, tomato sauce and mesculin. A very tasty Tostada Braised Beef Brisket, tender and flaky with pickled red onion and coriander. Chocolate pannacotta sweetened perfectly with liquorice and honeycomb, and a good selection of Banks Road wines to savour with the foods. Excellent Code Black coffee was served. Banks Road is family friendly venue with room to roam and a good childrens’ menu. Plus buckets of footballs, netballs and basketballs to enjoy on the grassy areas. The entree and snack plates are of a good size, drinks were reasonably priced, service suited the Banks Road dining experience, and there was good value for money here.
Breakfasts, lunch and dinners. Lovely views. Great Selection of Banks Road Wines. Delicious sharing plates. Great Coffee. Good children’s menu. Family friendly. Good value for money.
- REGIONAL WINNER – Best Casual Dining – Sponsored by Comcater P/L
- REGIONAL WINNER – Peter Watson Memorial Award for Best Chef – Adam Langridge – Sponsored by Luxury Escapes
- FINALIST – Best Customer Service – Sponsored by European Affair
- FINALIST – Most Outstanding Front of House Person – Christine Gonczrek – Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing
- FINALIST – Best Coffee – Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing
2016 Regional Awards
- FINALIST Best Casual Dining sponsored by Comcater Pty. Ltd.