What the judges said in 2019
Entering the Jack Rabbit Restaurant you will be impressed by the stunning views of Corio Bay across the vineyards and manicured lawns to the huge Australian sky. Inside the linen covered tables are well spaced and angled to capture the views. Chef Dwayne Bourke uses his great talent and superb local and seasonal ingredients to delight the most fastidious foodies. Highlights included textbook perfect terrine, with crispy skin and beautifully balanced cranberry and mushroom sauce, Drysdale Cheese Haloumi in crumbed discs with exceptional palate balance, Pork Loin presented with a stunning quince tart, and any vegetarian would relish the gnocchi with exceptional colours, textures, and flavours. Or Panna Cotta and Honey Cake made with exceptional skills and techniques. But it was the attention to detail that us impressed most. Even the delicious bread is house made and the beverage list included a great choice of house wines and external drops. Customer service was very professional. This gorgeous restaurant delivers fantastic value for money add provides one of Victoria’s most impressive dining experiences. Definitely the right place to take your most important friends and visitors.
State Winner 2019 Golden Plate Awards (a year of exceptionally high standards).Superb ambience, setting and views. Exceptional food quality and presentation. Great attention to detail and customer service. Excellent value. An outstanding dining experience.
Awards in 2019
- Winner Golden Plate State Awards
- Winner Golden Plate State Award for Best Contemporary Dining (Sponsored by Comcater P/L).
- Highly Commended Best menu of Local Produce (Sponsored by Provenir).
- Finalist Most Outstanding Customer Service Award: Alicia Ryan (Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing P/L)
- Finalist Peter Watson Memorial Award for Best Chef: Dwayne Bourke (Sponsored by Luxury Escapes)
- Finalist Best Menu of Local Wines, Beers and Ciders Award (Sponsored by Furphy).
- Finalist Best Value for Money Award (Sponsored by the Gordon Institute)
- Finalist Best Coffee Award (Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing P/L)