Welcome entrant in 2018
1st judges’ comments in 2018 coming soon
What the judges said in 2017
One of Victoria’s premier dining destinations
The wines, foods and views alone make Jack Rabbit a great dining destination. You could spend hours indulging in the delights on offer. On entering the restaurant with large floor to ceiling windows you will be stunned by the breathtaking views of Corio Bay and the picturesque countryside. The menu was well presented and easy to follow. Entrees and mains had five choices and dessert had four. Each dish featured mouth-watering and tempting ingredients. The chef included many from the region and offered good gluten free options. The presentation of each dish was superb and a work of art. The wine and drinks list was extensive, informative and the choices good. There was a good selection of coffees and teas and while Jack Rabbit is not cheap the pricing was sensible and value for money very good. Visitors from Melbourne should take the ferry service from Docklands and a taxi from Portarllngton to complete the Jack Rabbit experience.
Sensational views of Corio Bay, quality foods, drinks and presentation, a focus on local produce, sensible pricing, and good value for money.
- REGIONAL WINNER – Best Menu of Local Foods – Sponsored by Western Plains Pork
- HIGHLY COMMENDED – Best Regional Contemporary Dining – Sponsored by Comcater P/L
- HIGHLY COMMENDED – Peter Watson Memorial Award for Best Chef – David Warmisham – Sponsored by Luxury Escapes
- FINALIST – Best Customer Service – Sponsored by European Affair
- FINALIST – Most Outstanding Front of House Person – Martijn van Leent – Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing
- FINALIST – Best Cellar of Local Wines Beers and Ciders – Sponsored by Furphy
2016 Regional Awards
- Finalist Best Contemporary Dining – sponsored by Harwood Andrews