Judges’ Comments 2017
wonderful craft beers with meals & service to match
The Cambrian Hotel has become one of Bendigo’s best venues for good food, drinks and friendly service. Front of house person Tash is outstanding. She is attentive, clever and friendly, knowing every beer on the list, the right wines to compliment what you eat, and explains the specials perfectly. There’s an outstanding variety of boutique and craft beer available and the beer garden is a great space for a parties and large groups. Our meal was the best we’ve had at the Cambrian that has reached a new and exciting level. I loved that the kitchen is smoking it’s own meats, and has embraced BBQ’s and smoked meats, because it’s a such a delicious and way to cook. In addition to good conventional pub foods you’ll find exceptional specials including excellent curries. But the house smoked ribs really grabbed our attention with its high quality meat, sides and garnishes. The flavour of the marinade made this dish one of the best things I’ve tasted all year. The beverage list at the Cambrian just gets better and better, and makes the Cambrian stand out from the crowd. Its really pushing the diversity and quality of boutique and craft beers from Regional Victoria. More beers are on tap and more to choose from than ever, and good coffee is available. The Cambrian Hotel offers excellent value for money. It serves really well prepared pub food that shows the passion of the chef. And the portions are huge!
Amazing range of local and regional beers. Great wines. Outstanding customer service. Good pub atmosphere and beer garden. Excellent quality meals. Generous servings. Good coffee. Very good value for money.
- REGIONAL WINNER – Best Value for Money – Sponsored By Maxim PR & Marketing
- REGIONAL WINNER – Best Cellar of local Wines Beers and Ciders – Sponsored by Furphy
- HIGHLY COMMENDED – Best Hotel Dining – Sponsored by Comcater P/L
- HIGHLY COMMENDED – Best Customer Service – Sponsored by European Affair
- FINALIST – Best Menu of Local Foods – Sponsored by Western Plains Pork
2016 Regional Awards
- WINNER Best Menu of Local Wines, Beers and Ciders Sponsored by Bendigo Tourism
- HIGHLY COMMENDED Best Hotel Dining sponsored by Comcater P/L.
- FINALIST Best Customer Service sponsored by Bendigo Tourism
- FINALIST Best Value for Money sponsored by Bendigo Tourism
- 2015 – Best Hotel – Highly Commended
- 2015 – Best Cellar of Local Wine – Highly Commended
- 2015 – Judges Innovation Award – Highly Commended
- 2014 – Best Hotel Dining – Regional Winner
- 2014 – Best Value for Money – Regional Winner
- 2014 – Most Innovative Venue – Regional Winner
- 2014 – Best Menu of Local Beers, Wines and Ciders – Highly Commended