Eat in services suspended during corvid-19 pandemic.
To see weekly take-away menus and make bookings and payments visit Bistro Terroir on Facebook or call 0499 022 212.
what the judges said (2019-2020)
In the talented hands of one of Victoria’s best chefs (Matt Carnell) Bistro Terroir in Daylesford is one of the Victoria’s great boutique restaurants featuring ingredients carefully selected from local farmers and producers. Add to this an exceptional drinks menu and outstanding FOH team means Bistro Terroir is not to be missed. The scallops were superb, perfectly cooked, and complimented by artichokes and pork that melted in the mouth. Seasoned prosciutto added delightful texture. The quail was a wonderful combination of flavours and the salmon was a delicate flavoured dish with each element working harmoniously. Bistro Terroir offers great beverages and advice about local (and French) wines. Dining here is a sensational experience, a favourite for lovers of French style dishes, superior beverages, and friendly service and exceptional value for money. Its also a favourite haunt of locals who love locally sourced Wagyu Beef, Trout, mouth-watering Pork and other delicacies at prices lower than most pubs.
Joint State Winner Best Casual Dining Award. Relaxed, comfortable and convivial atmosphere. Superb provincial French influenced foods featuring fresh local ingredients. Excellent range of local and French wines. Outstanding customer service. Great value for money.
Awards in 2019
- Joint Winner Best Casual Dinning Award (Sponsored by Comcater Pty. Ltd)
- Highly Commended Most Outstanding Front of House Person: Martin Houstonchild (Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing Pty. Ltd)
- Finalist Peter Watson Memorial Award for Best Chef: Matt Carnell (Sponsored by Luxury Escapes)
- Finalist Best Customer Service Award (Sponsored by Maxim PR & Marketing Pty. Ltd)
- Finalist Best Menu of Local Produce Award (Sponsored by Provenir)